Country House RenovationRealized
|Categories||Interior Design > Houses/Villas|
The renovated building is a former farmhouse built in 1953 by the “Ente per la colonizzazione della Maremma Tosco Laziale e del territorio del Fucino”, as part of the land transformation programs of the agrarian reform of the 1950s.
This “Maremma” farmhouse consist of a two-storey building with a residential function and a lower building of just one level, both are covered with pitched roof.
Originally the country house was composed by the kitchen and services on the ground floor, and the bedrooms on the first floor, while in the lower part of the building there was the stable that was shaped around a porticoes.
From the functional point of view, in order to maintain and enhance the character of the former building, the design keep the entrance in its original position.
The two-storey part houses the sleeping area, with two bedrooms on the ground floor and one on the first floor, while in the lower side of the house is placed the living.
The shape of the building has been regularized respecting the original project of the 50s.
The southern facade re-proposes the original portico in a contemporary key, and two terraces on the southern façade allow its users to enjoy the view towards the sea establishing a physical and visual relationship with the restored fountain.
The interior of the living area has been transformed into an open space so as to allow, even from the inside a view on the farm.